Events, Programs, and Festivals
For the latest on things to do around the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, check out our blog.
Four seasons of celebrations await you in Townsend, Tennessee! Our festivals and special events showcase the natural and cultural heritage of this beautiful area. For more information, please call the Townsend Visitors Center, 865-448-6134 or 800-525-6834.
Year round: Great Music in Blount County!
- Rocky Branch Community Center jam sessions and
stage performances, in Walland
- Seasonal Concerts at The Pickin' Porch, Wood 'N Strings Dulcimer Shop, Townsend
- Concerts at The Palace Theater in Maryville
- Concerts, jams, and dancing at Music Row in Maryville
- Sunset Music and other concerts at Great Smoky Mountains Heritage Center, in Townsend
- Concerts and Dances at Laurel Theater, Knoxville
- Concerts and other arts events at Clayton Center for the Arts, and
Blount County Library, Maryville, TN and Mary Tippitt Memorial Library in Townsend, TN.
- Traditional music and announcements of concerts on the radio: WDVX and WUOT.
- Knoxville Area Dulcimer Club: Meetings 4th Sundays at 2nd United Methodist Church, Knoxville.
- Brackins Blues Bar, in Maryville
2013 Festivals and Events:
Events are at the Smoky Mountain Visitors Center in Townsend unless otherwise indicated.
(Scroll over titles and click on the links to go to specific webpages for more info and call 865-448-6134.)
2013 Calendar of Events:
Check out the 2013 Exhibitors at the Smoky Mountain Visitors Center.
Oct. 11-13: Foothills Fall Festival
Dec. 6: Smoky Mountain Visitors Center Holiday Open House
Other Events and Places of Interest:
The Cades Cove Loop Road has new pavement and pulloffs. Enjoy the Cove, open from sunrise to sunset, and click here to explore many other interesting places nearby: Discover the Smokies Beyond Cades Cove.
Volunteer Opportunities: We rely upon the terrific talents of community volunteers to make our events successful. Join in the fun!
Check out the Great Smoky Mountains Heritage Center in Townsend for fascinating museum exhibits, outdoor displays, and a variety of events throughout the year!
Townsend Artisan Gallery:
Gallery Hours: Tuesday through Saturday 10 - 5, Sunday 1- 5. 7843 E. Lamar Alexander Parkway, Townsend, TN 37882. Phone 865.448.8018
Many resources, events and programs are available at the Blount County Library, #865-982-0981.
Are you a conservation-minded visitor? See the Smoky Mountain Tourism Development Authority's special green website for low impact vacation ideas: http://www.lowimpactvacation.com/ and click here for a few eco-tips for your visit.
Traveling to other places in our beautiful state? See Tennessee's Sustainable Tourism website: www.tnsustainabletourism.com
Click here to view our Smoky Mountain Festivals website!
Interested in other community services, businesses, and organizations?
See the Blount County Chamber of Commerce.